Monday, January 23, 2012

Peace


Recently, while the babies were napping and the older girls played quietly, I sat with a cup of coffee and my favorite creamer. Ahhh....sweet bliss! As I looked at the cup I had chosen, it read:

“Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." (author unknown)

That quote seems to sum up so much the season of life we are in. Maybe the season most of us mothers of little ones are in. Rarely, if ever, is there a quiet moment in this house. With four children under five, it may seem like peace is an impossible goal. It isn’t. Above many other things, I value peace. I continue to learn to find peace in the midst of the busyness and noise.

I wouldn't trade these moments for the world. In the midst of a toy cluttered home with laundry and dishes piled as high as Mount Everest, there is still room for a calm heart.

The Bible says, "Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus" (Phil. 4:7 NLV). This is a peace that supercedes present circumstances. A peace that trumps all conflict, ruckus, trials, and tragedy. A peace only He can give.

So, wherever you are in this journey called life. However “loud” your circumstances may be, I pray you find this peace.

In what ways do you quiet your heart?


No comments: