Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tiny tots at "school"

As I said last week, I want to dedicate Tuesdays to discussing topics about homeschooling, curriculum, resources, crafts ideas, etc.

Although in the past two years I have searched through many books, followed several blogs, observed homeschooling families and prayed about and researched the whole idea of
homeschooling....we are just rookies this year. We are just skimming the surface of this journey.

With three of our four children being under the age of three (2 1/2, 1 and 2 months), it can be pretty interesting, at times. While working on preschool activities with the oldest, I try to find fun and engaging activities for the younger ones - the baby tends to prefer sleeping ; )

Below are a few of the activities that they enjoy and that keep them somewhat occupied.


(I'm not sure who likes these Do-a-Dot Art Markers more....the kids or myself?!)



(Everyone likes to play with these Guidecraft Rainbow Blocks . The kids even discovered that when you put the different colored blocks together that the primary colors make secondary colors.)



(These Counting Bears are great for sorting, counting, learning colors or just to play with.)


Another tidbit: I got two of these three items FREE using Amazon gift cards that I got using my Swagbucks, which I will discuss in a future post.


How do your tiny tots participate in your homeschool activities or if you don't homeschool, what fun activities do you do at home with little ones? We'd love to know.


(Note: the links in this post are my referral links.)


No comments: