Monday, December 9, 2013

Our 2013-2014 Curriculum



Yes, it's mid December, we are slowly beginning our Christmas break and I'm posting about our curriculum...but I haven't posted our curriculum choices for the year and I wanted to do that before the year is gone : (

I really enjoy seeing what other homeschool families choose to use in their studies, so I thought this post may be of interest to some?!  I've also chatted with several friends recently who are considering educating their children at home and don't know where to start. So, I'm giving them my two cents. 

You can probably tell from our choices that our style is very eclectic with a mix of approaches - classical, Charlotte Mason, and even some unschooling thrown in the mix.  I'm all about taking it a year at a time, even a semester at a time (heck, one day at a time) to see what works best for us.


Here's where we're at:


"Tot" School
  • Letter of the Week Curriculum (when she's up for it)
  • a LOT of puzzles (she loves them)
  • manipulatives (counting bears, lacing, patterns)
  • much playing, Playdoh, baking and fun


K-4

1st Grade 

Some things I'm considering adding some other items for the spring semester:
Grapevine Bible Studies and Road Trip USA.



This is what we are doing this year - thus far.  However, I'm all about adjusting if something doesn't seem like a good fit or appropriate for their level. That's one of the beauties of homeschooling : )





I would enjoy hearing what curriculum you use for homeschooling if you have a minute?!

No comments: