Thursday, December 19, 2013

Snow Ice Cream



Well, this week we got a lot of this....




so we were able to enjoy this.....


 photo df13ec47-120a-40b0-9294-21c9eb20a359.jpg


A friend of our family was telling us how she had made snow ice cream the night of a big snowfall.  When the girls heard that, there was no going back.  

We came home the same night and took advantage of the snowfall that was happening and turned it into an after dinner "delicacy".

We were surprised at how simple the recipe was.  I once again apologize for the lack of nutritional content of one of my posted recipes, but I promise we ate our broccoli for dinner. 

We found this recipe here

1 gallon of snow (fresh clean and colorless, of course)
1 c white sugar
2 c milk
1 T vanilla extract

Mix all ingredients together and enjoy.  Optional: freeze for a short time before eating. The red dots on ours are sprinkles.


Their excitement was overwhelming.  : )  I love making fun memories like this!

 photo 1cacfcf8-7c03-42e3-9383-abff88f77132.jpg


I hope you'll have the chance to try it this winter.  If you live in a warm climate, I guess store bought will have to suffice ; ) 

No comments: