Friday, February 14, 2014

Stirring up some love for Valentine's Day




 We spent a lot of time in the kitchen this Valentine's Day stirring up some love.  The girls and I made these little muffins for breakfast before we took our youngest to her "library class".  Then we whipped up my husband's favorite dessert (the strawberry pretzel salad below). Yum and yum!  I enjoy these care free times with the girls during the day. As you could see, we took it easy today with the books. This was hands on time : )  

 photo ce716ff3-3dbb-43e4-98a0-17057e6c2290.jpg

Flourless Banana Oatmeal Muffins

2.5 cups of oats
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup of honey
2 T of flax
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup greek yogurt
optional: I threw in some chocolate chips in honor of the holiday ; ))))

Mix well and bake on 400 for about 10-12 minutes.







Then, we spent some time making good old fashioned home made Valentine cards : )  Can't beat those precious gifts.






Love...

is patientlove is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
    If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. 
    1 Corinthians 13





Happy Valentine's Day all!

No comments: