Monday, January 21, 2013

2013 Reading list

\

The books I have chosen this year seem to fit appropriately with my focus for 2013, which you can read about (here).  I've already peeked into several of them and they seem full of wisdom, advice and practical ways to help me grow in the areas that I'm trying to in 2013.

I know the amount of books I've chosen might be pitiful to some of you out there, but I'm choosing to make my goals within reach with the season of life that I am in. Growing up, I was never an avid reader and it just so happens that within the last several years (when I have the least quiet/down time) I have immensely enjoyed reading and can't get enough.

Now, it's a matter of finding moments here and there to pick up the books that I'm dying to read ; )

Last year, I did fairly well with my list, but as I told you in the fall, unfortunately our kids got Pertussis/whooping cough : ( .... so many things got put on the back burner for a few months so that I could nurse my family back to health.  Raising little ones is all about priorities and flexibility! Can I get a shout from the mommas?!

Anyway, here is my list:

January/February/March



April/May/June





July/August/September

Orphanology: Awakening to Gospel-Centered Adoption and Orphan Care (I have begun this book, but I need to finish reading it soon.)





October/November/December

























Calm My Anxious Heart: A Woman's Guide to Finding Contentment Calm My Anxious Heart: A Woman's Guide to Finding Contentment (This book was so impactful, I want to try to read it again this year - possibly do a womens group study on it?!)






Throughout the year, I'd like to finish these:






Audio Books:

Ebooks:

21 Days To A More Disciplined Life


I'm so thankful that our local library has almost all of the regular books in their system...yay, free reads!!!  Otherwise, I will be using my Swagbucks to buy the others on Amazon.  (Click here if you don't know what Swagbucks is?)



What about you? Do you have any good reads in mind that I may add to my list?!










No comments: