Thursday, January 24, 2013

What we're learning today: Kindergarten



This year, we are using My Father's World From A to Z A Complete Kindergarten Curriculum as our main kindergarten curriculum.  So far, we have really enjoyed it.  I have decided to supplement with a few other items/activities because my kindergartner is a bit further along in her reading/phonics skills than some of the lessons are, at this point in our school year.  The blend ladder activity sheet is what you see in her workbox drawer above.  I give her magnetic letters which allow her to build several different short words to choose from for this activity.  


                                   


We are also using these blend sound cards from A Beka. Someone actually gave these to us, so I don't have a link nor can I find information about them.  I'm not sure if they have been discontinued or something?! I am really thankful for them though.  They are large, colorful and very helpful in learning the sounds. 




I found this cute sight word caterpillar that we use to add new words (body segments) as we learn them. : ) It's a nice colorful addition to our school room, too!


Anyway, that sums up some of the things we are working on today.


What learning is happening in your corner today?!



No comments: