Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Kids Say the Darndest Things



Several years ago, we were on a lonnnng plane trip to Central America for a mission trip with our first two children.  In an attempt to keep them content and entertained, we would quietly sing songs and do preschool finger plays (like Itsy Bitsy Spider, etc.).  Our oldest daughter was 2 1/2 at the time.  She began to do the Church & Steeple one, but her version went like this:

"Here's the church, here's the steeple, open the door and where are all of the people?  Oh, I guess they must be at Wal-Mart?!"

If you have or are around young children, I'm sure you are amazed and highly entertained at some of the things they say.  Sometimes it's absolutely hysterical and sometimes I am completely dumbfounded at where they get some of these things.  

Here are a few more of our best of the best from our little ones ;)

"I need a band-aid in my eye."

"Mommy, are my pants in the dryer or the wetter?"

"Mommy, I think you need to talk to Dr. Phil."

"That's hilarisis!" (That's hilarious)

To her younger sister: "Get in your car seat now, in Jesus' name!"

"Mommy! Hurry, sissy has leprosy."

Upon seeing an Amish woman (at the store) in winter dress for the first time, our oldest daughter in a very loud and excitable voice says:
"Mommy, mommy, look, it's Mother Goose!"




I hope this added a little joy and laughter to your busy day!!!







No comments: