Thursday, May 30, 2013

Times of Refreshing



While away visiting our family (my mother and father in-law) in a small town in Western Pennsylvania, today I'm sitting here in my favorite quaint little coffee house.

Thank you to my wonderful in-laws, two little angels are asleep with visions of sugarplums dancing through their heads, while two older precious girls spend some quality time with Nana baking and playing in the sprinkler. 

And mommy here, I'm drinking a cup of my absolute favorite drink on Earth - Big Train Chai Latte...ahhhh, yum!  Also enjoying a few quiet moments out alone working on blog stuff and catching up on some other translation work and just reflecting a bit. It's a good day.

I can't help but mention a little bonus on my time away, I "scored" 40 Swagbucks for a web search ; ) I just had to throw that in because you know I like free stuff. 

So, to my fellow mommies, I hope you will be able to get away soon, even if for an hour, to have some time of refreshing simply doing something that you enjoy (although you enjoy being with your precious munchkins).  You work hard and deserve it! Your little ones will probably also enjoy fresh face and another creative and/or fun playmate.  No mommy guilt!  (Hey, I'm preaching to the choir here).



Mom, what do you like to do to feel refreshed?!  Do you feel like you are able to get enough time to be YOU and not just MOM?!

No comments: