Last year's "Christmas Tree Ball"
There are many other reasons why I love this season, as well. The snow, all things peppermint, giving, Christmas music, family traditions, etc. Finally, the overall cheerfulness of people (observe this, it really is different).
In order to maximize fun and help our children realize the full meaning of the season, we have planned some specific activities for Advent 2013. Check them out:
- Have our 3rd annual Christmas Tree Ball (dress up "fancy" and decorate our tree)
- Watch Little House on the Prairie: Christmas at Plum Creek
- Read The Crippled Lamb
- Make a gingerbread house (thank you Ms. Janet)
- Make paper snowflakes
- Watch Frosty the Snowman
- Candlelit bubble bath
- Fill Operation Christmas Child boxes
- Drink hot chocolate and marshmallows
- Watch The King Is Born
- Make cottonball snowmen
- Read Truth in the Tinsel
- Bake/decorate Christmas cookies
- Christmas around the world activities
- Attend a Christmas open house party for children at our local library
- Make candles (Advent candles)
- Take homemade gifts to our elderly neighbors
- Minivan Express night
- Make Christmas cards for friends and family
- Wrap gifts
- Act out the Nativity at home
- Attend a Christmas service at church
- Make a birthday cake for Jesus
- Read Luke 1-2 (The Christmas Story)
- Merry Christmas!!!
What activities do you have planned that may not be on our list?