Friday, November 29, 2013

Sweet(er) deals...while in your pajamas

Ok, so I admit. I can't do the Black Friday shuffle.  It's not good for my nerves ; ) My husband, however, occasionally enjoys the thrill of getting up early and treasure hunting for deals.

I tend to lean towards the convenience of online shopping and several sites that make the deals EVEN SWEETER.  Let me show you how.


Sadly, I dropped my Nikon camera right on the lens and broke it : (


So, that put me in the market for a new lens to capture holiday memories.  I thought, what better time to replace my lens than Black Friday?!  I was happy to find it for a good deal on Amazon.


Here is the breakdown of my purchase:

  • Amazon $99 Nikon Nikkor Zoom Lens  with free shipping
  • Searched through Ebates and received 8% cash back on my Amazon purchase
  • Used $5 Amazon gift card from Swagbucks 
  • $33 cash back credit from from Discover card
  • 5% cash back using my Discover card
The final outcome - approximately $50 for my brand new lens.  Woo hoo!

So, the moral of this story is.... if you are like me and don't want to face the crowds, but are looking to get the best deals during the holidays, maximize the already amazing Black Friday online deals by also using:

SWAGBUCKS (free digital dollars for searching)

EBATES  (earn free rebates for shopping your favorite stores AND $50 for referring 2 friends and most stores offer double cash back today!)



In case you are in the market, here are my camera and lens.  I highly recommend both. 



 

Happy Saving and Earning!





*Disclaimer: links in this post may contain my referral links to products.

No comments: