Wednesday, May 30, 2012

S.O.S...a cry for [practical] help (question #2)


Last week, I started a series (due to a slight melt down on my end) called S.O.S a cry for [practical] help.  I'm happy to announce that I am feeling much better this week.  Does that mean my house is miraculously spotless, the to-do list is smaller and I'm now a certified organizational expert? Heck NO!

It is pretty much in a similar state than last week because we had a great holiday weekend together (a.k.a not a lot of cleaning) and enjoyed time with some great friends/out of town guests.

I think the difference is a change of attitude on my part and once again I am choosing peace.  I'm reminding myself of the bigger picture.  Does that mean I'm going to skip this series and stop asking you all for help by posting weekly questions? Heck NO again. It is, like many other life issues, a journey, not an overnight quick fix.  It's about learning, growing, seeking, asking, changing and ultimately less of me more of Him (Jesus).  Yes, even when it comes to housekeeping and child rearing.

Thank you to those of you who responded either here or on my Facebook page with your helpful and creative thoughts.  Those of you who didn't, I'll just stalk you until you share your ideas with us. ; )  Just kidding...sort of ; )

Today's question is probably geared towards stay at home moms.  Our children are still quite young, so they require a lot.  Some days, I feel like it's hard to balance the time spent with the kids and the time spent on other responsibilities like cooking, cleaning, other part-time at home jobs I have, etc.  Some days, I feel like I do nothing but play with the kids while other days I feel like I'm there all day only to push them off to play while I work.  Either way, it's a battle of guilt.... either too much work or too much play.  I know there is no perfect "formula".



Question #2

How do you balance quality time with your children (playing/learning/snuggling) with your other responsibilities (cleaning, cooking, working at home, etc)?

No comments: